Thursday 19 July 2018

I Get A Flypast Every Morning


      On the day of the London flypast 9 July 2018 I was having a flypast of my own, to be honest a fairly regular occurrence, as I live in the Lake District, a low-flying training run for the RAF. I've long given up worrying about a Hercules Transport colliding with my Gable End! Don't know if they fly the F-35 through here, I keep hearing a screech of engines in the sky and by the time I look up the planes are gone. On that particular day I was surprised to see one of these, can't say I'd seen such a craft before,
      In the London Flypast, they were using only and all aircraft currently in service with the RAF and not the one above, so could only assume the aircraft I saw was the Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey or some variant. Which has the traditional or vertical take-off capabilities and may well have been doing some training for President Trump's visit to the UK two days later on 11 July.
      The said aircraft could possibly have been a CV-22 as I noted the propellers were in the "normal" horizontal flight position. Something which is favoured by the USAF with extra fuel tanks for increased range missions and special operations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment