Monday 24 May 2010

War And Peace...?


      War & Peace! Just read it, not a book, but a brick, in fact thicker than a brick. To be quite honest I only read it because it appeared on a list of books people claim to have read, but have never even attempted and on the way, several people did tell me they had read it at some point in their lives, but were rather vague about the content. For those about to read it, I would recommend a grounding in Dickens, Thackeray and perhaps Dumas. Something which helped me was to try and place myself in the book, but as a different character, trying to operate with everyone else and how I might react. I can honestly say it was marvelous to have an alternative estate at Bald Hills and being able to make visits to see my neighbours the Bolkonskys and my town house, and of course dealing with that bad mother, Napoleon B.  

No comments:

Post a Comment