Tuesday 2 July 2013

Bilbo's Cafe (now under new management) this review no longer applicable.

      Heaven's above, getting a half decent sandwich in Ambleside is the bane of my life, if it's not the contents then it's the bread, at one time it was so bad, I was prepared to buy a café, just so that I could be sure of getting a quality product. Then along came Nick's Sandwich Bar, and Ambleside was saved, though Nick has moved on to bigger projects, thank goodness we've got Bilbo's.



      Ok perhaps I may once have said it was a transport caf, for hill walkers and rock climbers, though I meant that in a nice way, as I've dined there upon numerous occasions and never been let down. It's always been wonderful and since they've moved the café downstairs, it can only get better, busier and more well known.


      It's not all bacon, egg and sausage, though it's what a lot of people want, where else can you get this sort of thing in Ambleside these days?



      Whenever I go there, by myself or in a group, I'm always made to feel really welcome and the girl's who run the place are that bit special. It's the sort of place you are always going to run into someone you know, in a very easy going friendly atmosphere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment