Tuesday 9 July 2013

Television.........................Bah!

      Well it all came about through an artist friend, I was in the process of purchasing a couple of works by himself, of a Lakeland theme and it transpired that he was familiar with someone at a BBC production company, which specialized in antique works of art. Basically this meant they would come along to your house, film your private collection, conduct an interview and turn it all into a television programme, all well and good. Yet if you see it another way, they are showing thieves what to steal and at which location. In the end I had to decline the invitation to appear in such a production.


      About the same time, I'd put myself forward to advise another production company, from Channel 4, who produced a programme, which identified and filmed private houses of importance and interest.
      They had decided upon an historic building in Ambleside, at which over the years was somewhat familiar to me. For my part, I was asked to produced several obscure books and maps and also put the production company in touch with various people, who had historical knowledge of the structure.
      Regrettably, very little came out of all this, yet for a couple of wonderful days, I had a number of telephone calls, at my place of work, with people running around in excitement, to tell me; "The BBC/Channel 4 are trying to get in touch with you." Priceless!   

No comments:

Post a Comment