Sunday 9 October 2016

Hard Days At The Mill


      The Face Looks Familiar - Not Sure About The Name by Kirk W Smith.

      This is my first attempt at a written work and it's been a labour of love and sometimes a bit of a slog as well, I've been back over it a number of times through the last couple of years, re-written sections added new chapters, substantial editing, for better or worse. Even had it lying on the shelf for a number of years before I could make up my mind exactly what I should do with it. Finally I was persuaded to put it out on Amazon as a Kindle book which seems the obvious choice, yet you get onto Amazon and suddenly it's a whole new ball game, There are just so many unscrupulous persons trying to make a fast-buck out of you, with just too much of their "attract more views, customers, sales, etc. Just send us $20! for Marketing and then sign up, to make regular payments." It isn't exactly quite what you could best describe as walk in the park, but you've got to keep trying!
   
      At least I've not been put off, I will keep trying, I've been working towards this end since I was five years old, I've got another one coming out and at least I've got someone to help me with the editing. Yes I've got a presence upon Facebook, Twitter and even a couple of websites, by two different designers, interestingly, they are still friends of mine!

Also, take a look at my webpage; kirkwsmith.com
And                                         wwwkirkwsmith.weebly.com   

      Revised and re-edited and a new chapter, with a new cover, am at last managing to get it into one or two bookshops. Having said that, to me the most difficult thing is getting people merely to read the free kindle pages upon Amazon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment