Friday 23 September 2016

Loughrigg Fell.

Loughrigg Terrace

      This, is a dangerous time of year and it's all about those darker evenings and a shortage of evening light. Through summer evenings I can roam far and wide, but at this time of the year, I'm more or less limited to one and the same climb, Loughrigg Fell and this ties in with the leisure club at Elterwater, swim and sauna.
      Firstly I've got to get myself onto The Terrace, which is quite a energetic canter in itself.
      Next I've got the Staircase, can be something of a knee-grinder, it goes about half-way up the fell and it's been put there to ease the erosion of so many millions of tramping boots, even this is starting to get worn out, in places and needs constant attention.
 
      Finally and after a bit of a slog, that is a slog for someone who isn't on the fells every other day, finally I reach the summit and the trig point. There's a panoramic view and a certain feeling of satisfaction and quite often, the views are pretty good as well!
Grasmere and the Lake, looking towards Dunmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment