Monday 19 September 2016

The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and John Lennon

      In the early sixties, when I was a young lad, I sometimes used to sit on a high wall, next to the gate at my house, my sister would sometimes sit with me, watching the world go by. The world was a quieter place in those days, not like it is now, especially in The Lakes.
      One day a group of young lads walked past us and they were friendly and said "Hello" to us both. My sister, who was a few years older than me, later told me they were The Rolling Stones!
      A little later, same scenario, another group of lads, this time it's The Beatles! We later discovered they'ed both played a concert, sharing the bill, up in Carlisle, the night before.
      Probably by a remarkable coincidence, in the later 1960's older and  maybe wiser, I was again sat on the same wall, this time by myself, when I saw a yellow Rolls Royce, drive past, the driver waved to me, perhaps by way of memory, the driver had long hair and a white suit, he was John Lennon!

No comments:

Post a Comment